Friday, 22 February 2013

Dewsbury House Gutted in Fire




Dewsbury Fire Station were called to Pinfold Hill, close to the town centre, at 04:42Hrs this morning (Friday 22/02/2013).



Dewsbury crews still at the scene this morning Image by Ash Milnes

The blaze was started by a tea light candle and has gutted a man’s home.
The owner was woken by the smell of smoke after he fell asleep on the couch in his front room. He said: “I woke up about 4.30am and the room was full of smoke. I looked round and there were flames licking up the wall.”
Mr McCullough, who lives alone at the property, said a tea candle on top of a stereo speaker set his wallpaper alight.
“I only just got out – I couldn’t see where I was going.”
The house fire was 100% involved in fire with crews using 1 Large jet, 2 hosereel jet , 4 breathing apparatus and CARP appliance. 

Two crews from Dewsbury and the Combined Aerial Rescue Pump also attended from Wakefield.

Video link here http://www.dewsburyreporter.co.uk/news/local/more-local-news/man-s-home-gutted-after-tea-light-sparks-fire-1-5435382